Give more with Gift Aid

Make your donation go further at no extra cost to you.

If you are a UK taxpayer and agree to Gift Aid your donation, Age Unlimited can reclaim the tax on your gift. For eligible donations this increases the value of your donation by 25p for each £1 you have given. You can make a Gift Aid declaration now using the form below. Please remember to tell us your first name and surname, and your home address.

Thank you for deciding to Gift Aid your donations to Age Unlimited.

Gift Aid is reclaimed by Age Unlimited from the tax you pay for the current tax year. There is no extra cost to you.

Please let us know if you change your name, address or no longer pay enough tax. You can cancel your declaration at any time.

Your details

You are able to cancel this declaration at any time by emailing

Keeping in touch

We’d love to share inspiring stories of our work and let you know more ways you can get involved.

You can tailor your communication preferences, or unsubscribe at any time by using the link at the bottom of any email we send.

We promise not to share your details with anyone else for marketing purposes and you can stop receiving communications at any time. 

Thanks for submitting!

Want to post us your Gift Aid declaration instead? Post to:

Age Unlimited

Avebrick House




Alternatively, you can get in touch on 07774 164243 to make a declaration over the phone.

With Gift Aid:

  • A £20 donation becomes £25

  • A £100 donation becomes £125

  • A £5,000 donation becomes £6,250

Gift Aid is tax relief on your donations


Gift Aid allows Age Unlimited to take a donation (money that a donor has already paid tax on), and then reclaim the tax on its 'gross' equivalent (its value before tax was deducted) at the basic tax rate. Since April 2000 this has been 20 per cent.

In practice this means that for every pound donated to Age Unlimited using Gift Aid, we can claim an additional 25 pence from HMRC.

Who can donate through Gift Aid?


You can Gift Aid a donation if it is your own money that you are giving us, and if you have paid sufficient UK income tax or capital gains tax to cover the amount that we are reclaiming. 

Higher rate taxpayers


A higher rate taxpayer who makes donations through Gift Aid can claim back the difference between the higher rate of tax at 40 per cent they have paid, and the basic rate of tax at 20 per cent that Age Unlimited will claim.

Donors who complete a Self Assessment tax return can use the Gift Aid Donations section of the form to list the Gift Aid donations made within the year. HMRC will calculate the value of the tax relief eligible, and this will be added to your next year's tax allowance through an adjustment to your tax code. Donors who do not complete a Self Assessment tax return can call their tax office to have the higher rate relief reflected in their PAYE tax code.

Donations from Limited Liability Partnerships (LLPs)


We can also Gift Aid donations from LLPs.  All we need is an LLP Gift Aid declaration completed by each partner at the firm for their share of the donation.  To be Gift Aidable, the LLP donations need to be made via business cheque, credit card or BACS transfer.

The partners can claim tax relief on their share of the LLP donation when completing their Self Assessment tax return.

Non Taxpayers


If you are not a UK taxpayer, then unfortunately you cannot use Gift Aid. If this is the case, let us know and we won’t keep asking you about Gift Aid.

For more information about Gift Aid, please don't hesitate to get in touch.